U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

71. How Can I Get The OFAC Alert Off My Credit Report?


A consumer has the right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), 15 U.S.C. 1681 et seq., to request the removal of incorrect information on his/her credit report. To accomplish this, consumers should contact the credit reporting agency or bureau that issued the credit report. For more information on consumers' rights under the FCRA, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website or the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at 855-411-2372.

Date Released
January 30, 2015