U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

OFAC License Application Page

A license is an authorization from OFAC to engage in a transaction that otherwise would be prohibited. To apply for a license, click the link below or scroll down for more information on the different licensing categories.

Release of Blocked Funds

If your funds have been blocked or "frozen" by a financial institution or other party due to a possible link to OFAC-administered sanctions, you may apply for a specific license by clicking the Apply for a License button above. Select "Release of Blocked Funds" as the application type on the first page of the application.

Travel to Cuba  

You may not need to apply for a specific license.  Before applying for a specific license, please review the information about Cuba travel and the 12 categories of general licenses related to Cuba travel found in the Cuba Assets Control Regulations (31 CFR part 515).  To the extent that your proposed travel falls within the scope of an existing general license, you may proceed without applying for a specific license from OFAC.  General licenses constitute blanket authorization for those transactions set forth in the relevant regulation and are self-selecting and self-executing.  Persons traveling pursuant to a general license do not need to notify OFAC of their travel plans.  It is OFAC's policy not to grant applications for a specific license authorizing transactions where a general license exists.

If you determine that a general license does not apply, you may apply for a specific license by using this online application process.  OFAC will consider the issuance of specific licenses on a case-by-case basis when a general license provision is not available.  Please read all instructions and relevant information fully before submitting an application for a specific license.

Do you have questions about traveling to Cuba?

Agricultural and Medical Activities in Iran and Sudan

For information related to licenses authorizing exports of agricultural commodities, medicine, and medical devices to Iran and Sudan pursuant to the Trade Sanctions Reform and Export Enhancement Act of 2000 (TSRA), please see our TSRA page, TSRA Frequently Asked Questions, and TSRA Application Guidelines.

Frequently Asked Questions on OFAC Licenses

For additional information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions regarding OFAC licenses and licensing procedures.

Contact OFAC's Licensing Division

If you have any questions about the application process, please contact OFAC's Licensing Division at (202) 622-2480.