U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

7. Can I get permission from OFAC to transact or trade with an embargoed country?


OFAC usually has the authority by means of a specific license to permit a person or entity to engage in a transaction which otherwise would be prohibited. In some cases, however, legislation may restrict that authority.

To apply for a specific license, please go to our License Application Page.

Date Released
September 10, 2002