U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

520. Do I need a specific license from OFAC to send U.S.-origin food or medicine to Venezuela?


No, as long as your transaction or other dealing does not involve property or interests in property of a Specially Designated National. That said, you should make sure that your proposed export is authorized by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security ("BIS"), which maintains jurisdiction over the export of items to Venezuela. For further guidance regarding the exportation of items to Venezuela, contact BIS by phone at (202) 482-4252.

Date Released
August 25, 2017