U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

51. How do I apply for a license to get my money unblocked?


With respect to blocked funds transfers, you are encouraged to file an electronic application to have blocked funds released.

You may also submit an application for the release of blocked funds which is available on OFAC's website under "Forms." You should print this form, complete the required information, attach payment instructions, and mail it to:

Office of Foreign Assets Control
U.S. Department of the Treasury
Treasury Annex
1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20220
Attn: Licensing Division

It is extremely important that the underlying transaction be described in detail and copies of supporting documentation be included in the package.

Date Released
October 8, 2013