U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

721. As an authorized traveler, may I travel from a third country to Cuba and from Cuba to a third country?


Yes, a person subject to U.S. jurisdiction engaging in authorized travel-related transactions may travel to Cuba from a third country or to a third country from Cuba. Persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction traveling to and from Cuba via a third country may only do so if their travel-related transactions are authorized by a general or specific license issued by OFAC, and such travelers are subject to the same restrictions and requirements as persons traveling directly from the United States.

Date Released
November 8, 2017