U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

504. I understand that travel to Russia involves clearing Russian border control, which is part of the FSB. Do I need a license from OFAC to travel to Russia, or to clear Russian customs?


No, the sanctions on the FSB do not apply to transactions by U.S. persons that are ordinarily incident to travel to or from Russia, including those transactions required to enter into or exit the country (i.e., complying with Russian border control requirements).

Date Released
March 15, 2018